Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Tomato Basil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. To cook tomato basil soup you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Provide 1/2 stick of butter.
- Provide 4 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- Provide 3 of medium yellow onions, grated.
- You need 1/2 C. of flour.
- Prepare 4 (28 oz.) of Cans of crushed tomatoes.
- Get 1 1/4 C. of Chicken broth.
- Take 1/4 C. of Sugar.
- Provide 1 Tbsp. of Kosher salt.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Celery salt.
- Provide 3/4 tsp. of Black pepper.
- Provide 3/4 C. of Heavy cream.
- Take 2 Tbsp. of Honey.
- You need 1/4 C. of Fresh basil leaves, torn.
Steps to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook gently until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes..
- Add flour and stir to combine until slightly pale gold, do not allow to brown..
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Rise heat to medium until it starts to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot frequently..
- Stir in torn basil, heavy cream and honey. Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or in batches in a standing blender until smooth. Top with drizzle of heavy cream and more fresh basil..
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.