Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Ratatouille (à la Remy) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ratatouille (à la Remy) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ratatouille (à la Remy) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ratatouille (à la remy) recipe. You can cook ratatouille (à la remy) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ratatouille (à la Remy):
- Get of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Take 1/2 medium of onion.
- Use 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 large of Tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable stock (or chicken or beef).
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Provide of Vegetables.
- Take 1 small of eggplant.
- You need 1 medium of bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 small of yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 small of zucchini.
Steps to make Ratatouille (à la Remy):
- Preheat the oven to 375°F..
- In a large sautée pan over medium heat, cook the garlic, red pepper flakes, and onion until the onion is translucent..
- Meanwhile, using either a mandolin, food processor (with slicer attachment), or knife, thinly slice the eggplant, bell pepper, yellow squash, and zucchini (slices should be approximately 1/8" thick)..
- Add the chopped tomato, veggie stock, tomato paste, and herbs to the sautée pan and cook for 8-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour the sauce into the bottom of a 9" pie dish (or similar oven-safe dish)..
- Arrange the vegetables on top concentrically, layering them so that only a little bit of the peel is visible..
- Top with a pinch of salt, pepper, and thyme..
- Cover with some parchment paper (cut to fit your dish). Weight with some spare slices of veggie if necessary. Bake for 45-50 minutes until vegetables are tender..
If you find this Ratatouille (à la Remy) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.