Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Golden Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to golden split pea soup recipe. To cook golden split pea soup you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Get 2 1/2 cups of split peas.
- Take of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- Get 1/2 lb of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- Provide 4 of carrots sliced.
- Take 1/2 of white onion diced.
- You need 3 of large ribs celery sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- You need of Fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Take 2 cups of chicken broth.
Steps to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..
If you find this Golden Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.