Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Vitality.
We are very mindful that having healthy meals can help us feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This is usually a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Consider eating almonds if you don’t have problems with nut allergies. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer you many health advantages. Almonds are a natural supply of B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan that may often cause you to be sleepy. Having said that, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and offer a general sense of relaxation. From time to time eating almonds can even be a mood enhancer!
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- You need of The Stock.
- Provide 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Use 2 of onions, halved.
- Use 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- Get of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Provide 10 cups of water.
- Prepare of For the Onions and Soup.
- Use 1 1/2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Take 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Use 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Use of The strained Stock.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- You need 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Prepare of Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover.
- Prepare of Cook and assemble.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.