Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything immediately or that you need to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. To make 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice you need 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Use 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- Prepare 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Provide 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Use of Seasoning packet from beans.
- Use 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Take 4 cups of filtered water.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Provide 1 of ham hock.
- Prepare 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- Take of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Use of For rice 👇.
- Prepare 3 cups of white instant rice.
- Prepare 3 cups of filtered water.
- Get 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Get 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
Steps to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.