Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mushroom with wild rice soup recipe. To cook mushroom with wild rice soup you need 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup:
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Use 1 tsp of thyme.
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1 clove of garlic, smashed.
- Provide 1 cup of wild rice.
- You need 4 Tbsp of fat or oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- Use 1 lb of cremini mushrooms, rinsed and sliced.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 oz of dried shiitake or porcini (about 1/2 loosely pack cup).
- Take 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- You need 3/4 cup of sherry or brandy.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Get 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Take 1/2 cup of cream.
- Provide 2 of green onions, slices.
- Provide 1 tsp of lemon zest (optional).
Instructions to make Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup:
- In the pressure cooker combine the water, salt, baking soda, thyme, bay and garlic and bring to a boil..
- Add the rice..
- Pressure cook at high pressure for 30 min..
- Heat the fat in a heavy pot over high heat. Add the diced onion..
- Begin roughly dicing the mushrooms and add to the pot as you cut them. They will release their liquid as they cook..
- Weigh your dried mushrooms out if you have a scale..
- Grind the dried mushrooms in a spice grinder.
- Continue cooking the mushrooms on high heat until the majority of liquid is reduced (10-15 min). Add the garlic and tomato paste..
- Continue cooking until a light fond begins to develop on the bottom of the pan (4-5 min)..
- Add the dried mushroom powder, and paprika to further dehydrate the mixture..
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until a dark fond develops (2-3 min)..
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry..
- Add the stock and the soy sauce to the pot..
- By this time the rice should be finishing. Instant pressure release the rice..
- Drain the rice reserving the liquid. Set the rice aside and add enough water to the strained liquid to make 3 cups. Add the liquid to the soup..
- Bring the soup to a low boil and cook 20 min uncovered..
- Mix the starch with 1/4 cup of water. Add it to the soup and simmer 2 min until thickened..
- Season/taste for salt and pepper. You might be surprised how much salt this soup can take. Add the cream and rice and heat through. Add the green onion, and lemon zest and serve..
If you find this Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.