Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Baked Ziti recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Ziti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Ziti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything at once or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ziti recipe. You can cook baked ziti using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Ziti:
- Take 2 lbs of penne pasta.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 24 oz of tomato sauce.
- Provide 4 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- Use 4 cups of mozzarella cheese (shredded).
- Use 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Take 2 of eggs.
- Provide 4 tbsp of parsley.
- Take 1 tbsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of oregano.
- Take 1/4 cup of halved pepperoni slices (optional).
Steps to make Baked Ziti:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil water. Add some salt (about 1 tbsp) to flavor the pasta as it cooks. Once it boils, add pasta and cook for 15 minutes. Once pasta is done cooking, mix in a bit of sauce to keep it from sticking..
- Heat a pan at medium heat, add the beef and some water (maybe 2 cups or so). Brown the chopped meat. This will take about 10 minutes – you’ll know it’s done when the juice is clear..
- Then drain it. Once the meat cools a bit, break it up into small pieces if it isn’t already..
- Get a large foil roast pan and coat the bottom with about 1/4 cup of sauce..
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat and all ingredients, except the cooked pasta. Leave a little bit of sauce to the side to drizzle over the top later..
- After the meat, cheeses, eggs, and seasonings are mixed well, add the pasta and mix well again..
- Put the ziti in the baking pan. Sprinkle some extra mozzarella and parmesan cheese (maybe 2 handfuls of each) over the top layer. Then drizzle the last of the sauce over top..
- Cover the pan with foil and cook in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Then, take off the foil and cook for another 20 minutes or so..
If you find this Baked Ziti recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.