Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Keema Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Keema Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to keema cottage pie recipe. You can cook keema cottage pie using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- Get of For the potato topping:.
- Use 530 g of potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,.
- You need 1 knob of butter,.
- Prepare 1 dash of whole milk,.
- Get 1 tsp of dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed,.
- Provide of Salt and white pepper to season.
- You need of For the keema pie filling:.
- You need 200 g of beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped,.
- Use 100 g of finely chopped carrot,.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- Provide 2 handfuls of peas,.
- Use 1 tbsp of malt vinegar,.
- Use 2 of heaped tsp medium curry powder,.
- Use 1/2 tsp of tumeric,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger,.
- Use 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried corriander leaf,.
- Use 1 of beef stock cube,.
- Prepare 1 of level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,.
- Use of Salt and white pepper to season,.
- Provide of Cooking oil or ghee for frying.
- Prepare 1.5 pints of water (this may vary, see recipe).
Steps to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds..
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan..
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! :).
If you find this Keema Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.