Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut basbousa (semolina cake) recipe. To make coconut basbousa (semolina cake) you only need 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake):
- Use 2 cups of semolina.
- Take 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Take 1 cup of ghee (clarified butter).
- Provide 1 tin of condensed milk (sweetened 397 gms).
- Use 1 of & 1/4 cup water.
- Use 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Use of OPTIONAL: pinch of vanilla powder and pinch of cardamom powder.
- You need of SUGAR SYRUP : 3 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 lemon slice, few cardamom pods.
Steps to make Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake):
- Mix ghee and condensed milk. Add in semolina and coconut. Add cardamom powder, vanilla, baking powder. Finally add water and mix till smooth. Top with sliced almonds and pistachios if you have some. Let this mixture sit for atleast 30 minutes !.
- Grease a rectangular wide baking dish. You don’t want the layer to be too thick. Pour in batter and bake in a pre heated oven for 30-35 mins at 190c. Turn the top on for the last 7-8 mins to brown the top. Basically there isn’t much cooking, just want the liquid to dry up so once a skewer inserted comes out clean, it should be good to go..
- Side by side, bring 3 cups of water to boil with 3/4 cups of sugar. Add squeeze of lemon juice and leave a lemon slice in. You can add some cardamom pods too. Boil for 7-8 minutes, you need about 2.5 cups of liquid. It doesn’t need to become a thick consistency! But it does need to be very hot when the basbousa comes out of the oven..
- Once basbousa is out of the oven, pour strained sugar syrup over it. All sides and in the Centre. Let it rest for about two hours. Then cut into squares or rectangles or even diamonds and enjoy!.
- Serving tip: use cupcake liners / wrappers to serve individual pieces !.
If you find this Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.