Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pan Mee Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pan Mee Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pan mee soup recipe. You can have pan mee soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pan Mee Soup:
- You need 500 g of minced meat.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced garlic.
- Get 1/4 cup of dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces).
- You need 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- Get 1/2 cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid).
- Use 1/2 cup of dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly).
- You need 2 cups of pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach).
- Prepare 2 of anchovy/fish bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Take To taste of soy sauce.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Provide To taste of white pepper.
- You need To taste of sugar.
- You need of Optional: eggs/tofu.
- You need of Egg/rice noodles.
Steps to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1/2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside..
- In the pot with the remaining 1/4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup..
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired..
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired.
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings – minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top.
If you find this Pan Mee Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.