Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you probably choose many items out of habit. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. You can have french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Prepare 4 of yellow onions, finely sliced.
- Get 4 of red onions, finely sliced.
- Provide 1 of leek, finely sliced and washed.
- Take 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive or avocado oil.
- Use 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 litres of good quality unsalted beef stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of red wine.
- Take 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Get 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of salt (to taste).
- Take 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (to taste).
- Take 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Steps to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape..
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour..
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil – reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.