Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Cabbage soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cabbage soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cabbage soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Probably the most popular snack foods is low fat yogurt. The fact is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt would make a wonderful snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work correctly depending upon the culture used to make it. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts and seeds. This reduces your sugar intake without reducing the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cabbage soup recipe. To make cabbage soup you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cabbage soup:
- Get 1/2 stick of butter.
- Use 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- Use 1 of large carrot, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large head cabbage, chopped.
- Use 2 (48 Oz) of box or can Swanson chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper each or to taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 3 of potatoes, diced.
- Provide 1 packages (14 oz.) of smoked sausage or kielbasa sliced.
Steps to make Cabbage soup:
- Add flour and cabbage, cabbage will wilt down after about 8 to 10 minutes..
- Melt butter over medium heat, add onion and carrot. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add spices mix together..
- Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer. Taste for spices. Add more if needed. Also add the bay leaf..
- Simmer for about an hour when about 15 minutes left add the sausage. Enjoy!.
If you find this Cabbage soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.