Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, merely making a few small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One wholesome alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup – stove top recipe recipe. You can have broccoli cheese soup – stove top recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe:
- Take 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Get 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- Get 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Provide 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- Provide 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- Provide 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe:
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.