Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, ginger & turmeric soup recipe. You can have chicken, ginger & turmeric soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup:
- Use 3-4 of carrots, chopped roughly.
- You need 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped roughly.
- Use 2 of medium onions, chopped roughly.
- Take of Generous knob of ginger, julienned.
- Take 4 of chicken thighs or drumsticks with skin.
- Provide 1.5 litres of stock (or water + bouillon cube.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
Instructions to make Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup:
- Add 2 tbsp of oil into a heated stock pot on medium-high heat. Add the onions first and let them cook for a couple of minutes until they start getting a bit clear. Add the carrots, ginger and celery and cook for another 6-8 minutes..
- Spread them off to the side of the pot and add a bit more oil. Place the chicken skin side down and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes..
- At this point, get the water/stock ready by bringing to the boil. Once the chicken is cooked, pour the stock over, bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer (covered) for 15-20 minutes. Add the turmeric as you start the simmering process. Toss in more ginger if you want a stronger ginger flavour.
- Take the chicken out after the soup is done simmering, shred it up and toss it back in the soup. Salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy! I’m gonna try freezing it this time..
If you find this Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.