Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy meals can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When searching for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the best idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you can reach for. Along with calcium, it’s a good supply of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help manage the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by many people. Try including some nutritious nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent approach to enjoy a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. You can cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- You need 1 lb. of dry split green peas.
- Get 4 of smoked bacon slices.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of bacon fat.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 cup of onions, small diced.
- Get 2/3 cup of carrot, small diced.
- Provide 2/3 cup of celery, small diced.
- You need 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- Provide 1 tsp. of fresh oregano, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp. of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Provide 1 of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- Provide 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 8 cups of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Get of feta cheese bruscheta.
- You need 12 of baguette bread slices.
- Provide 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 2 of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of feta cheese, small diced.
- Provide 2 tsp. of chopped oregano.
- Take 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika powder.
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.