Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and cheese potato soup recipe. To cook ham and cheese potato soup you need 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Cheese Potato Soup:
- Prepare 4 of baking potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- Take 2 stalks of celery, diced small.
- Use 6 of baby carrots, diced small.
- Take 1/2 lb of deli ham, diced small.
- Provide 1 quart of chicken broth, I used my own homemade because I have it. Boxed is fine.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of cheese of choice.
- Get 2 cups of half and half.
- Take of Green onions, sliced optional.
- Get of Salt pepper onion and garlic powders.
Steps to make Ham and Cheese Potato Soup:
- Sauté your onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil. Add seasonings. Add the ham. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes..
- Cook til potatoes are tender. Lower heat and add half and half. I mash my potatoes with a potato masher but leave it chunky. Stir in cheese and cook on low until it all melts and melds. Spoon it up and garnish with green onions. We have crusty bread and butter and sliced sharp cheddar slices on the side..
If you find this Ham and Cheese Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.