Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sfogliatelle recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sfogliatelle recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sfogliatelle recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sfogliatelle recipe. To cook sfogliatelle you need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sfogliatelle:
- Take 1 lb of Frozen puff pastry dough (use only 1 of the 2 sheets for a dozen; both sheets for 24)..
- Use 1/4 cup of Shortening, melted.
- Use 1 cup of Milk.
- Use 1/4 cup of Semolina flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Ricotta cheese.
- Provide 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- Use 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, whisked.
- Use 1 of Powdered sugar, for dusting.
Steps to make Sfogliatelle:
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Place milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Slowly add semolina flour, stirring constantly. Simmer and stir for about 3 minutes until smooth. Remove from burner, place in a bowl and let cool for five minutes..
- To the milk/semolina mixture, add ricotta cheese, sugar, raw egg and cinnamon and mix well. Set aside..
- Place defrosted puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll until it's very thin, about 12 x 18" rectangular..
- Brush the melted shortening onto the dough and, starting with the short end, roll up the dough like a jelly roll. Cut 1 inch wide pieces. You should get about 12 pieces that resemble pinwheels..
- Place a pinwheel into The palm of your hand and press the center down with your thumb and pull up with your fingers to make a funnel with a wide opening on one side..
- Fill each sfogliatelle with as much ricotta filling as you can and seal up the opening by pinching it closed. It should be shaped like a seashell. Place on a baking pan covered with parchment paper or lightly greased, one inch apart..
- Bake in a 425° oven for about 15 minutes, or until the pastry turns a light golden color..
- Remove from oven and let cool for about five minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Dust them with powdered sugar and they are ready to eat. Buon appetito!.
If you find this Sfogliatelle recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.