Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to salmon fillet and seafood pot pie recipe. You can have salmon fillet and seafood pot pie using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie:
- Get 2 of 5 oz Salmon Fillets.
- Provide 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Use 1 each of Shallots, minced.
- Use 1/4 cup of Celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Potato, diced.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Flour.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of Clam Juice.
- Get 1/4 cup of Sherry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- Take 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Take 1 of 8oz Lobster Meat, cut into 1" chunks.
- Prepare 4 each of Scallops, halved or quartered depending on size, divided.
- Use 1/4 cup of Peas, thawed.
- You need 1 of Egg Yolk.
- Take 1 tbsp of Milk.
- Get 2 of Puff Pastry.
Steps to make Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie:
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper..
- Place your salmon fillets into a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal the bag..
- Cook in a water bath at 41 C (106 F) for approximately 25 minutes or core temperature of 40 C (104 F) **Time and temperature is referenced from Thomas Keller?s Under Pressure sous-vide book**.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan, add shallots and celery, and sweat..
- Add the potatoes and continue to sweat for 2-3 minutes..
- Whisk in the flour to coat all the vegetables..
- Add the Sherry and tomato sauce, stir to blend..
- Gradually whisk in the clam juice and cream until blended..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stir frequently..
- Add the lobster and peas, season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F..
- Open the pouch of salmon and place 1 salmon fillet into each small baking dish..
- Pour the lobster sauce into the baking dishes, equally, almost to cover salmon..
- Place half the scallops around salmon and the remainder in the second dish..
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl..
- Brush the rim of the baking dishes with the egg wash..
- Place a portion piece of puff pastry on top of the dish and press down the sides..
- Brush the puff pastry with more egg wash..
- Place the baking dishes on a sheet tray..
- Cook in the oven until heated through, puffed and golden brown. Approximately 30 minutes..
If you find this Salmon Fillet and Seafood Pot Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.