Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Quick Tamarind Thokku recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Quick Tamarind Thokku recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quick Tamarind Thokku recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quick tamarind thokku recipe. You can have quick tamarind thokku using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Quick Tamarind Thokku:
- You need 1 of big lemon size of tamarind soaked for about half an hour in water for tamarind extract.
- Use 4-5 of Whole red chillies.
- Get 1 tsp of chana dal.
- Provide 1 tsp of urad dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nuts/cashewnuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Get 1 inch of finely chopped ginger.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Get 1 tsp of jaggery/jaggery powder.
- Use To taste of Salt.
- Take 2-3 tsp of oil.
- Provide 8-10 of curry leaves.
Steps to make Quick Tamarind Thokku:
- Take the tamarind extract from the soaked tamarind and keep it ready.
- In a kadahai/pan add oil,mustard seeds,jeera,chanadal,urad dal,groundnut.Fry till dal turn red add fenugreek seeds,ginger,red chillies and curry leaves..
- Then,add the tamarind extract,turmeric powder,asfoetida,salt and jaggery powder and let it boil.
- It will slowly get reduced and cook till all the oil comes out.It will take around 20 mins..
If you find this Quick Tamarind Thokku recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.