Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and prawn curry with tamarind recipe. You can cook chicken and prawn curry with tamarind using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Take 6 of chicken breasts, cubed.
- You need 1 kg of large prawns, shelled and deveined.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil – I use sunflower oil when making a curry.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 6 of whole peppercorns.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Get 6 of curry leaves.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 tbsp of (heaped) ginger, garlic, chilli paste.
- Take 1 tbsp of curry powder (more can be added as per your preference).
- Get 1/2 tsp of tumeric powder (hurdee/ haldi).
- Prepare 3 of large tomatoes, grated (discard skins).
- You need 1 tbsp of corriander powder.
- You need 1 cup of tamarind "sauce" about 15 – 20 grms dissolved in a cup of warm water then strained & discarded the seeds & pulp. May be substited with about a tablespoonful of lemon juice. Note: tamarind gives an amazing flavour and thickens the gravy.
- Get 1 bunch of fresh corriander, chopped.
Steps to make Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Slightly heat oil in a pan then add in the cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, peppercorns and onion..
- Sautè until onion changes colour to a light golden brown..
- Add in curry leaves and bay leaf..
- Mix in ginger, garlic and chilli paste. Followed by curry powder and tumeric powder..
- Add grated tomato and allow to cook through..
- Mix in the corriander powder..
- Once cooked, add in tamarind sauce and allow to simmer for a few moments..
- Mix in chopped corriander..
- Place cubed chicken into gravy. When almost done, add in the prawns and allow to cook through..
- Serve with basmati or other rice of choice..
If you find this Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.