Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe. You can have potato soup (made with ham and cheese) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Take 16 of small red potatoes, or 8 medium russet, or whatever potatoes enough to equal that.
- Take 1 lb. of box Velveeta Cheese or store brand, whatever flavor you like.
- You need 1-2 of onions any kind, depending on how much you like onions. (Obviously use more than 2 if you like pearl onions, just get at least a lb.).
- Prepare 1 (16 oz.) of container of sour cream, or more depending on if you like it creamy.
- Use 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted margarine or butter.
- Take 1 cup of instant mashed potatoes (Idahoan brand is my favorite).
- Take 8 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or make it with 8 cups water and 8 bouillon cubes) plus ~4 cups extra water (enough to cover).
- Use 1 lb. of fresh sliced carrots.
- Provide 1 cup of sliced celery.
- Provide 1 lb. of cooked cubed ham (approximately).
- Take 1 Tbsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Get of Salt and pepper to taste (optional).
- Prepare of Crackers and bacon bits (optional).
Instructions to make Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Wash and cube potatoes (1 inch thickness and add them with seasoning, carrots and ham to a covered ~12 qt. pot to boil over medium to medium-high heat in the broth until tender. (I like to cheat here and microwave the potatoes before I cut them up to help them along). Make sure you add just enough extra water to cover ingredients (~4 more cups). Stir occasionally..
- Sauté over medium heat, onions and celery in margarine or butter just until tender and add the to the pot..
- After potatoes are really fork tender (may need to taste one), melt the cheese in the microwave or a sauce pan following package directions. (I cube it and microwave 1 min. stir, 1 min. stir and 1 min. more and stir in a splash of milk to loosen it up if necessary). Add to pot and stir..
- Add instant potatoes to pot and stir until dissolved..
- Add sour cream to pot and stir..
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let the soup thicken by simmering over low heat, probably ~10 mins depending on the amount of extra water added..
- Sit back and relax, you’re done, enjoy with/without real bacon bits and/or crackers (I like Ritz)..
If you find this Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.