Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup recipe. You can have broccoli cheese soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Take 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cold butter, cubed.
- Provide 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of sliced leek, white part only, well rinsed.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cracked pepper.
- Take 1 pinch of fresh grated nutmeg.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- Take 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- Get 3 of each heads of broccoli florets, chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide 1 1/4 cup of grated cheddar.
- Get 3 tbsp of flour, use rice flour for gluten free.
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a large stock pot, saute onions a leek in 3 tablespoons of butter with salt, pepper and nutmeg- until softened,.
- Add garlic and thyme until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle flour in and cook about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Reduced heat and let simmer for five minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and continue simmering for 20 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Add cream and simmer until warmed through.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in cold butter.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.