Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chestnut Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chestnut Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chestnut soup recipe. To make chestnut soup you need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chestnut Soup:
- Prepare 500 grams of Grilled chestnuts.
- Provide 100 ml of White wine (not sweet).
- Prepare 200 ml of or so Milk.
- Get 2 small of onions Onion.
- Take 1 of Bay leaf.
- Use 125 ml of Double cream.
- Provide 1 dash of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 dash of Christmas Spice Mix.
Steps to make Chestnut Soup:
- Wash the chestnuts and make a shallow cut in the flat parts of the chestnuts. Bake in an oven at 200°F for about 15~20 minutes until browned. Peel and cut the chestnuts. Mince or run through an electric mixer..
- Stir-fry the onions in butter or oil. Add the chestnuts, white wine, and bay leaves. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat. Even with frozen chestnuts, 15 minutes is okay..
- Once the chestnuts have boiled through (when a skewer can easily pass through), take out the bay leaves..
- Run through an electric mixer, then let cool outside of the mixer. Add the milk and heavy cream, warm it up, and season with salt and pepper..
- You can top with boiled chestnuts and chopped parsley. Add spices for guests..
- It's also delicious even without the wine. It's great with a little warmed milk..
If you find this Chestnut Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.