Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou recipe. To cook chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou you only need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- You need 2 tins of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 tin of plum tomatoes.
- Use 6 blocks of frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed to release excess water) or 2 large handfuls fresh spinach, torn into pieces.
- Get 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Nigella seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 4 of Cardamom pods, lightly crushed.
- Get 1 tsp of ground Coriander.
- Take 2 tsp of ground Cumin.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Tumeric.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground Ginger.
- Use 3 of fat cloves Garlic, crushed.
- Get 2 of onions, thinly sliced.
- You need of Rapeseed oil.
- Prepare of Salt and black Pepper.
- Take of To serve:.
- Take 100 g of Plain Yoghurt.
- Use 1 tsp of Mint Sauce.
- Get of Naan Breads (I cheated and bought some!).
- Prepare of Chutneys, I love Lime Pickle and Aubergine Chutney.
Steps to make Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. When the oil is hot add the Cumin seeds, Nigella seeds, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom pods and Yellow mustard seeds. Stir and allow spices to release their fragrance for about 30 seconds. They will start to pop!.
- Add the onions and fry until a deep golden brown and caramelised. Add the crushed Garlic and cook gently for a minute. Stir occasionally to prevent the Garlic from browning..
- Add the ground spices, stir, then add the Plum Tomatoes and break them up into pieces..
- Add the drained Chickpeas, give them a good stir to coat in all of the spices and tomatoes. Add about half a tin of water to loosen. Bring to the boil, cover and then turn down to a simmer for about 15 minutes. Check every now and then to make sure the Chickpeas don't dry out. Add a splash more water if needed..
- Once the curry is a lovely thick, saucy consistency check the seasoning and add some salt and black pepper to taste. Then add the spinach, give it a good stir and cook for a few minutes. If using fresh Spinach allow it to just wilt and then serve..
- Serve with your favourite Naan breads, Chapatis or rice with a serving of Mint Yoghurt (blend the Yoghurt and Mint Sauce together) and some lovely chutneys. I love Aubergine Chutney and Lime Pickle..
- A lovey addition is a few crispy onions. Finely sliced onion, squeezed dry in kitchen paper and then deep-fried in hot Rapeseed oil for a few.
- Minutes, until crisp and golden brown and then drained on Kitchen paper to blot off the excess oil. I often make a batch to keep in the ‘fridge to top various meals and add extra crunch and Umami flavour..
If you find this Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.