Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to the legendary turnip cheese soup recipe. You can cook the legendary turnip cheese soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup:
- Take 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 3 cups of half & half, warmed up and set aside.
- Get 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Get 12 oz of smoked cheddar, grated.
- You need 1 of celery rib, finely chopped.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of Spanish onion, finely chopped.
- Get 1 tbsp of thyme, chopped.
- Use 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 6 oz of gouda, grated.
- Take 3 cups of chicken stock (recipe coming soon). You can use veggie stock to make this vegetarian.
- Take 3 of turnips, cubed, seasoned and oven roasted.
- Get of Sea or Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled – OPTIONAL.
- Take 1 of large stockpot.
- Provide 1 of medium pot.
- Provide 1 of immersion blender.
Instructions to make The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup:
- Add the 1/4 cup butter to the pan on medium heat, and as the butter melts whisk in the flour. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the flour turns a light brown and smells a little nutty..
- In a slow, constant stream to avoid clumping, add the warm half & half into the flour mixture, whisking constantly. Let the mixture heat as you whisk, and it will gradually thicken. Add the nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper..
- Once the sauce is the consistency of a light gravy, add the grated cheese and whisk it into the sauce so it melts evenly. Set aside..
- In the medium pot, add the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Then add the celery, onion, shallot, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and bring to a simmer..
- CAREFULLY whisk the stock mixture into the cheese sauce until it is fully incorporated. Then add the turnips..
- Now here's the fun part! Plug in your immersion blender, and start demolishing the turnips in the soup. They don't have to be completely pureed, just enough to have small chunks of turnips in the mix. Keep the soup on a low burner until your guests arrive..
- Top with crumbled bacon if you wish..
If you find this The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.