Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Okra sambar recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Okra sambar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Okra sambar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Snack foods.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than highly processed grains found in white bread.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to okra sambar recipe. To cook okra sambar you only need 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Okra sambar:
- Use 1/3 Cup of Tuvar dal.
- Use 20 of Shallots slice into two.
- Provide Pinch of Hing.
- Use 1.5 Cups of Water.
- Use 12 of Okra.
- Take 1 of Tomato chopped.
- Take 3 tsp of Sambar powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need As needed of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Gingelly oil.
- You need 1 of Amla size Tamarind soak in warm water.
- Get leaves of To garnish Coriander.
- Provide of To Temper:.
- You need 2 tbsp of Gingerlly oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Urad dal.
- Provide 2 of Dry chilli.
- Prepare 2 of Spring Curry leaves.
- Provide Pinch of Hing.
Instructions to make Okra sambar:
- Soak tamarind in warm water for about 15 minutes. Squeeze the juice and keep aside. Cook tuvar dal in pressure cooker with shallot, hing and pinch of salt. When pressure released open the lid and mash the dal. Keep this aside..
- Heat oil in kadai add chopped okra. Saute for 3 minutes in medium flame. Don't burn it. Once okra cooked add cubed tomato. Again saute for couple of minutes. Add mashed lentils. Then add 1 cup of water, tamarind pulp, chilli powder, turmeric powder, sambar powder and enough salt..
- Stir well. Reduce the flame to sim and cook for another 10 minutes until okra becomes tender. Don't overcook the okra, as it turns mushy. Now heat oil in another small pan add mustard seeds, urad dal. Once mustard crackled add dried chilli, curry leaves and hing. Once done add this to sambar and switch off the flame for sambar. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice. #mycookbook.
If you find this Okra sambar recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.