Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash soup with chicken or a mild sausage recipe. To cook butternut squash soup with chicken or a mild sausage you need 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage:
- Get 1 of Butternut Squash.
- You need 1 of Tart Apple. Granny Smith work well..
- Get 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream..
- Use 1 tbsp of Chicken Bouillon. If you have 2 cups of chicken stock, use that in place of the bouillon and water..
- Provide 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Provide 1 pinch of Sage.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- Get 1 lb of Mild sausage (Kielbasa is pictured) or chicken, cooked.
- Take 1 of Salt.
Instructions to make Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage:
- Read through all directions first! This isn't a complicated recipe, but one of the steps overlaps another and will save you thirty minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 350°F..
- Cut your squash in half, long ways, and remove the seeds..
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until a fork easily inserts into the meatiest part..
- Approximately 20 minutes before your squash is done, place the apple in the baking dish with the squash and bake until the skin splits. You want the meat of the apple to be tender, but not mushy, when done..
- Once the apple and squash are done baking, use a spoon to scrape the meat of the squash off the skin. I normally let my squash cool about 15 minutes before attempting this. Scrape into a large bowl. You may discard the skin..
- The skin of the apple should peel off fairly easily. I usually just pull it off. Use a paring knife to slice the remainder of the apple into the bowl with the squash. You may discard the apple peel..
- This next step will require a mixing bowl, a food processor, or a blender. I used a food processor, but the other two will work just as well. Puree the apple and squash until it has a smooth consistency. Scrape into a medium sized pot..
- Turn a medium flame on under the pot with the squash and apple mixture and gently whisk in your cream..
- Add your bouillon and water, or chicken stock, and gently whisk in..
- Add the remaining ingredients except the meat and salt. Stir.
- The soup should have a thicker consistency, but not offer much resistance to a stirring spoon. If you feel your soup is too thick, a little bit of milk or water should thin it. If you feel it is too watery, rapidly boil down, whisking the entire time to prevent burning. Much of this is dependent on your personal taste and preferred texture..
- Add your meat, stirring in slowly with a spoon. Turn your flame to low..
- Allow the meat and soup to rest for a few minutes before adding salt to taste. I did not add any salt to mine as I found the Kielbasa to be salty enough..
If you find this Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.