Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese recipe. You can cook sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Get 1 large of head of celeriac (root vegetable).
- Provide 1 large of leek.
- You need 4 of spring onions.
- Get 80 grams of Stilton or other blue cheese.
- Take 1 1/2 of vegetable stock cube.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of fenugreek (powder) optional.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic salt.
- Take 1 of good sprinkle of dried tarragon.
- Get 1 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1/2 of lemon (juice only) plus 1 tablespoon extra.
- Provide 1 tbsp of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 pinch of salt or to taste.
- Provide 3 of or so drops of Maggi liquid seasoning ( I use the hot spicy one) or use 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
Steps to make Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Peel the celeriac and chop into small shanks. Set a few very small pieces aside for garnish..
- Put the bigger pieces in a pot with the finely chopped leeks and spring onions. Cover just with water. Add a colander or sieve over this but not letting it touch the water..
- Now drop the smaller celeriac pieces into 1/4 of the lemon juice and rub it into the celeriac. Remove and put into the sieve over the other vegetables in the water bring to boil thus cooking the leeks , bigger chunky celeriac and spring onions and steaming the smaller celeriac pieces at the same time..
- When the smaller pieces are almost cooked remove and set aside in another 1/4 of lemon juice..
- Add all other ingredients except the 1 extra tablespoon of lemon juice and the cheese to vegetables in the pot..
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Puree the soup, add more water to reach consistency you prefer ,add the cheese and ensure it I melted.
- Gently fry the smaller pieces of celeriac until they just caramelise do not fry brown or they go bitter.
- Finally season to taste with rest of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt if needed and arrange the smaller pieces of celeriac sprinkled with some of the green from the spring onions..
If you find this Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.