Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Okra Sabzi recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Okra Sabzi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Okra Sabzi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to okra sabzi recipe. You can cook okra sabzi using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Okra Sabzi:
- You need 250 gms of Okras (Bhindi).
- Get 3-4 tbsp of Oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- Take pinch of Asafoetida.
- Get 1 of Onion (Sliced).
- Take 3-4 of Green Chillies (Slited).
- You need 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1 of small Tomato (Finely Chopped).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Take As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Aamchur Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
Steps to make Okra Sabzi:
- Wash the okras nicely. Pat it dry with a kitchen towel. Chop out both ends. Further, chop into small pieces and set aside..
- Heat oil in a kadhai. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add cumin seeds and fennel seeds and asafoetida. Saute till they turn aromatic..
- Add green chillies and curry leaves and saute for a minute. Add the sliced onions and further saute till light golden..
- Add tomatoes and salt and saute till they turn soft..
- Add the spices ie. turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, fennel powder and aamchur powder. Saute on low flame till the spices get cooked well..
- Add in the okras and mix gently. Cover and cook on low flame till the okras are well cooked..
- Add in the garam masala powder and mix well..
- Finally, serve the okra sabzi with steamed rice and dal/sambar, papad, garlic chutney, sliced cucumber..
If you find this Okra Sabzi recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.