Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Coconut Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Coconut Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably buy lots of food items out of habit. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One wholesome option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai coconut soup recipe. You can cook thai coconut soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Coconut Soup:
- Provide 2 of Stalks lemon grass.
- You need 6 of Coin size slices fresh ginger , unpeeled.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- You need 2 of Fresh chile (Serrano or jalapeño).
- Get 24 oz of Low fat chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Light coconut milk.
- Take 3 tbsp of Corn starch.
- You need 3 tbsp of Lime juice.
- You need 2 tsp of Fish sauce (or soy).
- Provide 2 of Scallions to slice for toppings.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Cilantro for toppings.
- Provide 8 oz of Chicken (I large chicken Breast).
- You need 8 small of to medium shiitake mushrooms sliced thin (stems removed).
Steps to make Thai Coconut Soup:
- 1) trim lemon grass of root ends and outer leaves. Cut into 2 inch lengths. Smash each piece with flat of knife. Crush ginger and garlic (don't peel) with knife too. Trim stems from chiles, cut in half lengthwise and smash. (If you like spicy heat leave seeds)..
- Place crushed lemongrass, garlic, ginger and chilies in a wide pan and pour in broth. Bring to a simmer..
- Add chicken breasts to broth. Cover and simmer gently over low heat until chicken is cooked. (10-12 mins). With tongs transfer chicken to board. Cut chicken into thin strips or shred with fork before adding back into the soup..
- Bring broth to a boil and boil for five minutes to intensify flavors. Strain broth into saucepan, press on solids to extract juices, stir in coconut milk and heat through medium heat..
- Stir together cornstarch, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 teaspoon fish sauce in small bowl. Add to the soup and cook stirring until simmering and slightly thickened. (2-3 minutes)..
- Add chicken and mushrooms. Season with more lime or fish sauce to taste. Serve with toppings of cilantro and green onions..
If you find this Thai Coconut Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.