Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Roasted Squash & Apple Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Squash & Apple Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Squash & Apple Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted squash & apple soup recipe. You can have roasted squash & apple soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Squash & Apple Soup:
- Use 1 1/2 lb of butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Take 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 1 medium of onion, diced.
- Take 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 2 of tart apples such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes, plus 1 small apple for optional garnish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Use 1 quart of low-sodium chicken or veggie broth.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide 1/2 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds.
Instructions to make Roasted Squash & Apple Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cubed squash with 1 Tbsp olive oil and sugar and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 20–30 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, gently stirring halfway through roasting. Set aside..
- In a medium pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 4–6 minutes or until softened. Add apples and thyme and sauté 5 minutes more. Add broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 10–15 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in roasted squash to combine..
- Puree soup in batches in a food processor or blender until very smooth. If soup is too thick, add additional water until desired consistency is reached. Return to pan and season with sugar and salt..
- Divide between bowls and garnish with thinly sliced apple, pepper and pumpkin seeds..
If you find this Roasted Squash & Apple Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.