Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Orange Rasam – Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Orange Rasam – Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Orange Rasam – Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything instantly or that you should completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more important than completely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to orange rasam – soup recipe. To cook orange rasam – soup you need 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Orange Rasam – Soup:
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Thur dal.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato roughly chopped.
- Provide 1 of Orange.
- Get To taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 of Orange Juice from orange.
- You need 1/2 of Lemon Juice from lemon.
- Prepare Pinch of Hing a generous.
- Take Some of Chopped Coriander Leaves For garnishing.
- Use For of grinding:.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Thoor dal.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Coriander Seeds.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Peppercorns.
- Use 1 of Red Chilli.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ghee.
- Take For of Seasoning:.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Mustard Seeds.
- Get Few of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper-Cumin Powder.
Steps to make Orange Rasam – Soup:
- Take thoor dal in a vessel. Add water and pressure cook till the dal is mushy. Mash it nicely and set it aside Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee and add all the grinding ingredients and roast till the dal turns golden brown. Take this aside and allow it to cool.
- Take these ingredients in a mixer jar and grind it to a smooth powder. The fresh rasam powder is ready..
- Take an orange and grate the zest and set it aside.
- Heat a sauce pan, add tomato, orange zest, curry leaves, salt, hing, ground rasam powder. Add 2 cups of water and allow the rasam to boil till the tomatoes are nicely cooked.
- Then add the mashed dal and stir well. Add 2 cups of water and adjust the consistency..
- When a forthy layers starts to form on the top of the rasam, switch off the flame. Do not allow the rasam to boil. Heat ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow to sputter. Add pepper-cumin powder along with curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Remove from flame and add the seasoning to the rasam.
- Allow the rasam to warm and then add orange and lemon juice. Finally garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the delicious Orange rasam as a soup or serve with rice along with a teaspoon of ghee and enjoy the dish!.
If you find this Orange Rasam – Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.