Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) chicken verde bake recipe. To cook nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) chicken verde bake you only need 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake:
- Use of Chicken Mixture.
- Get 4-5 cups of cooked chicken, shredded.
- Use 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Use 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 3 TSP of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- Take 3 TBSP of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Juice from one lime.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Provide of Optional: A splash of white wine 😉.
- Use 1 of heaping TBSP oregano.
- Get 1 of heaping TBSP cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of minced jalapeno.
- Get 1 dash of hot sauce.
- Take 1/3 cup of uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of cumin.
- You need 4 TBSP of chili powder.
- Use 1 TBSP of ancho chili powder.
- You need 1 TSP of paprika.
- Get 1/2 TSP of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of Topping:.
- Get 2 cups of shredded Colby jack cheese.
- Get 2 cups of crushed tortilla chips, salted.
- Use of Canola oil.
- Prepare 10-12 slices of pickled jalapenos.
Steps to make Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake:
- Shred your cooked chicken into a medium mixing bowl. Saute the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and garlic until softened in 2 TBSP of canola oil. Add this to the chicken along with the remaining chicken mixture ingredients (making sure to salt and pepper everything as you go to taste). NOTE: Mixture should be fairly thick but with enough liquid to cook the rice, so just a little runny is ok!.
- Oil a 7 x 11 baking dish with canola oil. Add the chicken mixture. Then, layer the cheese (it should fully cover the chicken mix so add more cheese if needed), crushed tortilla chips, oil drizzle, and pickled jalapenos..
- Bake at 375 uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until entire dish is very bubbly and golden brown along the edges..
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Top servings with sliced black olives, fresh diced tomato, sour cream or whatever you like and Enjoy!! If it turns out bad, please feel free to blame me 😊.
- PS-After writing this recipe out (that I normally keep stored in my head along with all my other recipes) I now know why I don't typically follow recipes! There is too much reading!! 😂.
If you find this Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.