Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash soup with chicken or a mild sausage recipe. To make butternut squash soup with chicken or a mild sausage you only need 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage:
- Provide 1 of Butternut Squash.
- Take 1 of Tart Apple. Granny Smith work well..
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream..
- Use 1 tbsp of Chicken Bouillon. If you have 2 cups of chicken stock, use that in place of the bouillon and water..
- Use 2 cup of water.
- Use 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Take 1 pinch of Sage.
- Get 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Mild sausage (Kielbasa is pictured) or chicken, cooked.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
Steps to make Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage:
- Read through all directions first! This isn't a complicated recipe, but one of the steps overlaps another and will save you thirty minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 350°F..
- Cut your squash in half, long ways, and remove the seeds..
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until a fork easily inserts into the meatiest part..
- Approximately 20 minutes before your squash is done, place the apple in the baking dish with the squash and bake until the skin splits. You want the meat of the apple to be tender, but not mushy, when done..
- Once the apple and squash are done baking, use a spoon to scrape the meat of the squash off the skin. I normally let my squash cool about 15 minutes before attempting this. Scrape into a large bowl. You may discard the skin..
- The skin of the apple should peel off fairly easily. I usually just pull it off. Use a paring knife to slice the remainder of the apple into the bowl with the squash. You may discard the apple peel..
- This next step will require a mixing bowl, a food processor, or a blender. I used a food processor, but the other two will work just as well. Puree the apple and squash until it has a smooth consistency. Scrape into a medium sized pot..
- Turn a medium flame on under the pot with the squash and apple mixture and gently whisk in your cream..
- Add your bouillon and water, or chicken stock, and gently whisk in..
- Add the remaining ingredients except the meat and salt. Stir.
- The soup should have a thicker consistency, but not offer much resistance to a stirring spoon. If you feel your soup is too thick, a little bit of milk or water should thin it. If you feel it is too watery, rapidly boil down, whisking the entire time to prevent burning. Much of this is dependent on your personal taste and preferred texture..
- Add your meat, stirring in slowly with a spoon. Turn your flame to low..
- Allow the meat and soup to rest for a few minutes before adding salt to taste. I did not add any salt to mine as I found the Kielbasa to be salty enough..
If you find this Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken or a Mild Sausage recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.