Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) recipe. To make soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) you only need 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- You need 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- You need 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- Take 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Get 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- Get 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Provide 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Provide 3 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Take of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- Prepare 7 of shallots.
- Get 5 of garlic cloves.
- Use 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Provide 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- You need 5 of candlenut.
- Take of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- Use Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Take of Shredded cabbage.
- Use of Cooked rice.
- Provide of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- Get of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- Use of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- You need of Fried shallots (optional).
- Use 6 of hard boiled eggs.
Instructions to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
If you find this Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.