Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best leek & baked potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to leek & baked potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably buy many food items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. One heart-healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek & baked potato soup recipe. To make leek & baked potato soup you only need 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make leek & baked potato soup:
- Take 1 stalk of leek 6-8 in. long.
- Get 3 medium of leftover baked potatoes (cold).
- Provide 1/4 small of onion (minced).
- Use 3 cup of stock (chicken or beef or veg.).
- Use 3 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (split).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cracked black pepper (split).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Get 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 1 of splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 of or 3 DROPS liquid smoke.
Steps to make leek & baked potato soup:
- over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil in 3-4 quart pot..
- cut leeks into 2-3 mm thick slices, put into bowl and separate into slivers.
- add to hot oils.
- add minced onion..
- stir often with wooden spoon. Do not let leeks brown. They will become bitter..
- add 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- after about 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder..
- add remaining 2 tbsp. butter, melt..
- add flour to create rue..
- stirr often..
- incorporate 2 cups of stock. Stir until smooth and silky..
- add paprika, coriander, Worcestershire, lemon juice..
- stir until well blended..
- add a little more stock and reduce heat to a good simmer..
- dice cold potatoes (I use yukon golds) any will work.
- add to soup. stir..
- after potatoes are added, the starch from them will continue to thicken it. add stock as needed from here out..
- add 2-3 DROPS of liquid smoke. ONLY A COUPLE OF DROPS. This is strong flavor..
- if you don't have liq. smoke, double smoked paprika. Or use a pinch of cumin..
- let simmer 15-20 minutes. eat..
If you find this leek & baked potato soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.