Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken & Okra Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Okra Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & okra soup recipe. To cook chicken & okra soup you only need 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken & Okra Soup:
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Oil of your choice.
- Use 4 of Capfuls of Apple Cider Vinegar (optional).
- Prepare 6 1/4 cups of water.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Parsley Flakes.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of Basil Leaves (minced).
- Provide 3 Tablespoons of (non-spicy) Chili Powder.
- Provide Pinch of Sea Salt.
- Provide 1/2 Tablespoon of Curry Powder.
- Take 1 Pound of Chicken Wings.
- You need 1 bag of Frozen Okra (9 oz) [I got from Dollar Tree].
- Prepare of Rice (optional).
- Take 1 Cup of White Rice.
- Take 1.5 Cups of Water.
- Use Pinch of Salt.
Instructions to make Chicken & Okra Soup:
- First cut chicken into sections separating wing tip from drumstick and flat. Lightly season chicken with pinch of each seasoning. Set aside..
- While preparing chicken, heat oil in deep pot over medium heat..
- After oil has been on/heating up for about 2-3 minutes add chicken to pot(being careful not to drop in or oil could splash).
- Fry/sear chicken for 5-7 minutes ensuring each side is cooked and chicken gains slight golden brown color..
- Next add the remainder of your seasonings as well as the 6 1/4 cups water and apple cider vinegar to pot with chicken. (There should still be some oil in the bottom of the pot).
- Cook (boiling) over medium high heat for 25-30 minutes until flavors marry and flavors become aromatic..
- After chicken and soup has been boiling for about 30 minutes, add okra and boil for 4-5 minutes..
- Soups done!.
- Rice instructions (optional).
- Add 1.5 cups of water and pinch of salt to small pot. Bring to boil over medium-high heat..
- Once boiling add rice to pot and stir occasionally until water has been absorbed/cooked off. (I like to add a small dash or butter or oil when water is almost fully out).
If you find this Chicken & Okra Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.