Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mulligatawny soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mulligatawny soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a few modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One wholesome substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mulligatawny soup recipe. You can cook mulligatawny soup using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mulligatawny soup:
- Get 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (split pigeon pea lentil), soaked for an hour.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown rice, soaked for an hour.
- Prepare 1 of apple, chopped.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of red chilli powder or to taste.
- Provide 1/2 cup of coconut milk (room temperature).
- Take 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Get 4-5 cups of water / vegetable stock.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Use 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Get 1 of juice of 1 lemon.
- Get 1 tbsp. of fried onions.
Instructions to make Mulligatawny soup:
- Soak the dal and rice in sufficient water for an hour..
- Heat oil and saute the onion till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, and all the dry spice powders mixed with a little water. Saute till oil separates from the sides of the pan..
- Add the chopped apple, soaked tuvar dal, soaked rice…..
- …… and the stock..
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles..
- When cool, blend to a puree. Simmer on medium flame till it comes to a boil. Switch off the flame and add the coconut milk and lemon juice..
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves & fried onions for an exciting light meal..
If you find this Mulligatawny soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.