Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, ginger & turmeric soup recipe. You can have chicken, ginger & turmeric soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup:
- You need 3-4 of carrots, chopped roughly.
- Provide 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped roughly.
- Take 2 of medium onions, chopped roughly.
- Get of Generous knob of ginger, julienned.
- Use 4 of chicken thighs or drumsticks with skin.
- You need 1.5 litres of stock (or water + bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
Instructions to make Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup:
- Add 2 tbsp of oil into a heated stock pot on medium-high heat. Add the onions first and let them cook for a couple of minutes until they start getting a bit clear. Add the carrots, ginger and celery and cook for another 6-8 minutes..
- Spread them off to the side of the pot and add a bit more oil. Place the chicken skin side down and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes..
- At this point, get the water/stock ready by bringing to the boil. Once the chicken is cooked, pour the stock over, bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer (covered) for 15-20 minutes. Add the turmeric as you start the simmering process. Toss in more ginger if you want a stronger ginger flavour.
- Take the chicken out after the soup is done simmering, shred it up and toss it back in the soup. Salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy! I’m gonna try freezing it this time..
If you find this Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.