Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Butternut squash soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut squash soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut squash soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash soup recipe. You can have butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut squash soup:
- Provide 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Take 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
- Get 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- Use 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 of medium butternut squash.
- Prepare 800 ml of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup).
- Provide 180 ml of coconut milk.
- Take of coconut cream for garnish.
Instructions to make Butternut squash soup:
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 medium onion and 2 gloves garlic diced and 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
- Enjoy your soup :).
If you find this Butternut squash soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.