Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oats and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oats and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One healthy substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oats and lentil soup recipe. You can cook oats and lentil soup using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Oats and Lentil Soup:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Quick rolled oats.
- Take 1/2 cup of red lentils.
- You need 1 of " cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- Use 1 tbsp of garlic mince.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Get 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Steps to make Oats and Lentil Soup:
- Wash and soak the red lentils for an hour..
- To a pressure cooker, add butter and garlic mince..
- Also add cloves and cinnamon stick..
- Now add the sliced onion and saute them all for a minute or two..
- Next, add the lentils and oats to it along with 4 cups of water..
- Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles..
- Let the pressure settle down and then open the lid..
- Adjust salt and add some hot water if required..
- The consistency should be semi thick..
- Garnish with lots of coriander leaves and sprinkle some chilli flakes..
- Lastly squeeze some lemon juice before serving..
- Serve hot with butter toasted French baguette or any bread of choice..
If you find this Oats and Lentil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.