Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything right away or that you should altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to uttar pradesh style arhar dal split pigeon peas soup recipe. To make uttar pradesh style arhar dal split pigeon peas soup you need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup:
- Prepare 1 cup of Arhar/ tur dal.
- Take 1 of onion,thin sliced.
- Use 1 of tomato/ deseeded & small diced.
- Take 2 of whole dry red chillies.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Use 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Steps to make Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup:
- Wash & soak the arhar/toor dal..
- Put it into pressure cooker & add salt, turmeric powder & water..
- Cook it in for 3-4 whistles.Let the pressure settle down..
- Add 1 tsp of mustard oil in a kadai.Once the oil is hot, add whole dry red chillies,mustard seeds, asafoerida & let them crackle..
- Add the onions & fry until it becomes translucent..
- Add ginger paste, tomatoes & cook for 2 mints till the raw smell of ginger goes away..
- Add salt,sugar, turmeric powder, red chlli powder,dhania powder & give a nice mix..
- Add the boiled dal, water according to your preferable consistency & let it boil..
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves,lemon juice & switch off the flame..
- Transfer the Utter Pradesh style Arhar Dal into a serving bowl & serve hot with steamed rice, pickle,papad & enjoy..
If you find this Uttar Pradesh Style Arhar Dal Split pigeon peas soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.