Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut Milk Chicken Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Milk Chicken Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you probably purchase lots of items out of habit. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut milk chicken pie recipe. To cook coconut milk chicken pie you only need 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut Milk Chicken Pie:
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 cup of potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Use 1/2 cup of carrots, cut into cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of mushroom, sliced.
- Use 1/2 cup of peas ( in can).
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Take 1 of onion, chopped.
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 of paprika (optional).
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Use 1 of chicken bouillon cubes (optional).
- Use 1 of salt.
- Use 1 of pepper.
- Provide 1 tbsp of flour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Use 1 of puff pastry ( i used the low fat but you can also use the normal one if you want to).
Steps to make Coconut Milk Chicken Pie:
- Mix the chicken and turmeric power well and sprinkle a little paprika. (set aside).
- Heat the butter in the saucepan over medium high heat. Saute the garlic and onion..
- Add the chicken. Stirring often until the chicken loses its raw look..
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Stirring constantly for 1 minute. Then add the mushroom, continue stirring for about 30 seconds..
- Stir in the coconut milk, add the chicken bouillon and bring to boil. Turn down to a simmer, cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked..
- Add the peas, stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.Then add the flour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water. Cook until the sauce has thicken. Turn off the heat..
- Place the puff pastry in the pan. Put the chicken filling. Cover with puff pastry, then seal the edges..
- Brush the top with beaten egg..
- Preheat the oven 180°F celsius. Then bake for 45 minutes or until the top becomes brown..
If you find this Coconut Milk Chicken Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.