Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- You need of The Stock.
- You need 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Get 2 of onions, halved.
- Get 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- You need of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- You need 10 cups of water.
- Get of For the Onions and Soup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Use 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Provide 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Take 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Provide of The strained Stock.
- Provide to taste of salt and pepper.
- Take 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Get 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- You need of Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover.
- Get of Cook and assemble.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.