Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably pick out many food items out of habit. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Take 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Provide 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- Use 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Use 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- Use 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Provide 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Prepare of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.