Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than refined grains included in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Use 5 of large yellow onions, sliced.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of worchestershire sauce.
- You need 2 cans (48 oz) of each) beef broth, or 1 of chicken and 1 of beef.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper (or to taste).
- Take 1 tablespoon of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1 tablespoon of thyme.
- Take 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic, or 2 cloves minced.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of toasted plain french bread.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- In a Dutch oven, or another large pot, place the butter, olive oil and onions in, set heat to low.
- Continue to stir, being careful not to burn the onions, this is a low and slow recipe…patience is KEY! Once the butter is melted, you can turn the heat up a tad to a lower medium. This process takes about 1 and a half hours..
- Once onions have reached caramelization, add all other ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, Ladle into soup cups, leaving almost an inch from the top to place the toasted bread and the provolone cheese. Place under broiler to melt the cheese, until bubbly.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.