Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Mike's French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's french onion soup recipe. You can cook mike's french onion soup using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 2 of EX LG Vidalia Onions [no substitutions].
- Use 2 of Coves Garlic [smashed & fine chopped].
- Provide 1/3 Cup of Green Onions [small chop].
- Take 1/2 Stick of Unsalted Butter.
- Get 1 of LG Bay Leaf.
- Get 3/4 teaspoon of Dried Thyme.
- Take of Cracked Black Pepper [to taste].
- Get 32 oz of Box Beef Broth [low sodium].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Dry White Wine [chardonnay].
- Use 1 of LG Baguette Bread.
- Provide of Garlic Butter [as needed – for bread].
- Take 1 of Gruyère Cheese [4 slices or 1 brick – you can substitute Swiss if in a pinch].
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of AP Flour.
- You need of Fresh Parsley [for garnish].
- Take 1/2-3/4 Packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Get 2 of LG Oven Safe Ramikins.
Steps to make Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Add butter to a large pot. Slice onions thin and place in pot. Also, add your green onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper and bay leaf. Simmer onions for 25+ minutes until onions are limp and translucent. Stir regularly..
- Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes longer to burn off alcohol. Pull bay leaf..
- Dust onion mixture with your flour and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to cook out any flavor of flour. Stir constantly. Add minimal amounts of butter to pot if your flour begins to seize up and is too difficult to stir. Or, if you feel it's in danger of burning..
- Add your broth and 1/2 to 3/4 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. I use 2/3's packet for the additional sodium & onion flavors. It really does balance the sweetness of the Vidalia Onions quite well. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir occasionally..
- Here's your desired outcome..
- Slice your Baguette Bread into 4 pieces. Cut more if you'd like to serve additional slices for dipping. Coat slices with garlic butter. Place in a 350° preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes – or, until baguettes are browned and crispy..
- Ladle your hot soup into your Ramikins. Place Ramikins on a lifted edge cookie sheet. These can easily overflow. In fact, it's desired that they do! Just not today in my new oven..
- Place 2 toasted garlic Crustinis in each of your your Ramikins..
- Slice your Gruyère Cheese and place on top of your toasted Crustinis..
- Turn on your ovens broiler..
- Place Ramikins in oven for 5 minutes. Or, until your cheese is fully melted and browned..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes. Then serve. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.