Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. To make copycat panera bread french onion soup you need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Provide 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Get 4 medium of Vadilia sweet onions.
- Provide 2 can of Beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Water.
- You need 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Take 3 tbsp of Flour or Wondra.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Take of garnish.
- You need 1 bunch of Parsley.
- Take 1 loaf of Crusty french bread.
- Prepare 1 lb of Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese.
- You need 1 of Butter.
Steps to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20/25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft..
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes..
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1/2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving..
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.