Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Use 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 6 of Vidalia onions thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 of salt and pepper.
- Take 2 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1/2 cup of dry sherry.
- Use 6 cup of beef stock.
- Use 6 slice of toasted, thickly sliced and lightly toasted.
- Use 2 cup of Mozzarella cheese to your liking (1-).
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Cook onions until tender, sweet and caramel colored..
- Add sherry, bay leaf and deglaze. Add beef stock, cover and bring to a boil. Arrange ovenproof bowls on a baking sheet. Preheat broiler. Ladle soup into bowls, float toasted bread on soup and cover with mozzarella . Broil until cheese melts and is bubbly and lightly browned..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.