Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French onion soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French onion soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French onion soup:
- Prepare 4 of onions.
- Provide 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 4 oz of sherry wine.
- Provide 1 gallon of chicken and or beef stock.
- You need 1 loaf of Italian bread.
- Use 2 cup of mozzarella.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of browning sauce (gravy master).
- Get 1 of salt, pepper ,onion and garlic powder to taste.
Steps to make French onion soup:
- thinly slice onions.
- heat oil in a large sauce pot.
- Carmelize onion on medium high heat until dark brown.*this should take about 10 minutes.
- add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- add the sherry wine slowly and reduce for 2 minutes.
- add the stock and bring to a boil.
- add the browning sauce.
- reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 min.
- season with salt ,pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste.
- meanwhile slice the loaf of bread and toast.
- when the soup is done serve in a bowl with a slice of bread with the cheese over the top and melted in the oven.
- **if you like your soup with a little more body make a corn starch slurry and add about 5 minutes before done**.
If you find this French onion soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.